Tamau helps the customer in design development. We ensure the feasibility of the project suggesting engeneering amendments suitable for the foundry mass production.
These are few suggestions:
- Eliminate angles < 0.8.
- Deter material thicknesses less than 2 mm (this is in order to make the injection easier and to reduce deflection).
- Avoid sudden section variations
- Harden surfaces as more as possible so to reduce deflection risk.
- Detail/emboss a wide selection of Identification Markings.
Indications for holes and slots:
The table below is an example of few suggestions Tamau recommend when it comes to design holes
|Ø||THROUGH HOLE (mm)||BLIND HOLE (mm)|
|2 ÷ 4||Ø x 1||Ø x 0.6|
|4 ÷ 6||Ø x 2||Ø x 1|
|6 ÷ 10||Ø x 3||Ø x 1.6|
|> 10||Ø x 4||Ø x 2|
* parameters valid for the most common metals. Customized analysis on other alloys on request.
In some cases it is necessary to use oversizes, for the more restricted tolerances:
|DIMENSION (mm)||SUGGESTED OVERSIZE (mm)|
|0 ÷ 18||0.50|
|18 ÷ 50||0.70|
|50 ÷ 120||1.00|
|120 ÷ 250||1.5|